Lindbeck’s Butchery has been a part of the Queanbeyan community since 1928, when two brothers Jim and Tom Lindbeck both opened butcher shops on Monaro Street. They operated the two shops in conjunction with a piggery where the Quarry is now located; an abattoir on Yass Road, and grazing land on the Monaro Highway. Rose Cottage and Stonyhurst were incorporated in that property. Claude Lindbeck, the third brother ran the stock for the butcher shops, and his son Thomas William (Bill) purchased the shop in its current location on Cooma Street in 1964. Lindbecks Butchery is possibly the oldest operating business in Queanbeyan.
Bill’s son Peter worked in the shop with his father from 1978, and took over the shop upon Bill’s retirement in 1998. The shop has always maintained a commitment of quality meat, service and helpful advice. Peter and his wife Ruth have raised a family of five children in Queanbeyan, and have been involved in all aspects of community life. Peter is a fifth generation butcher who understands his product and looks forward to continuing the traditions of his forebears.
(C) copyright 2014 - Designer/ Developer patlindley.com